Mitchell Wiggins, a central Virginia-based full service accounting firm with offices in Richmond and Petersburg, is pleased to announce the promotions of Jordan Clary to Senior Accountant, Ryan Edwards, CPA to Senior Accountant, Cody Johnson, CPA to Senior Accountant, David Ritz, CPA to Supervisor, and Matthew Rocawich, CPA to Supervisor. The firm also welcomes Sarah Baldwin, Jodi Gibbs, Katherine Nixon, Ashton Reighard, and Joshua Woodacre to the team.
“Our staff are the heart of our firm and their hard work and diligence is appreciated. Congratulations to those who earned recent promotions. We look forward to their continued growth. We welcome Ashton, Joshua and Sarah, to our firm as they begin their public accounting careers. We also welcome Jodi Gibbs and Katherine Nixon to the tax team,” says E. Jeffreys Love, CPA, MBA, Managing Partner.
Clary, Edwards and Johnson have been promoted to Senior Accountant in the Tri-Cities office. As Senior Accountants, they will be instrumental with training staff and maintaining client relations as well as providing audit and tax services to our clients.
David Ritz, CPA has been promoted to Supervisor in the Tri-Cities office. His clients are predominately nonprofit organizations, automobile dealerships, and closely held businesses. He received a Bachelor of Business Administration in Accounting from Longwood University.
Matthew Rocawich, CPA has been promoted to Supervisor in the Richmond office. He specializes in audit and tax engagements for both for profit and nonprofit businesses. He received a Masters in Accounting from Virginia Commonwealth University.
Additionally, new members added to our team:
- Sarah Baldwin is a recent graduate from Virginia Commonwealth University with a Bachelor of Science in Accounting and Business, Finance concentration. She served as an intern for the firm and is based in our Richmond office. As a Staff Accountant, she provides tax, audit and review services to the firm’s clients.
- Jodi Gibbs, CPA, Tax Senior, has 19 years of experience in both the private and public sectors. Her areas of experience include bookkeeping and individual and corporate tax return preparation. She received a Bachelor of Arts in Accounting from the University of North Florida.
- Katherine Nixon, CPA, EA, Tax Supervisor, brings a wealth of tax knowledge and support to the firm. Her areas of expertise include high net worth individuals and closely-held businesses. She received a Masters in Accounting with a concentration in Taxation from Strayer University.
- Ashton Reighard is a recent graduate from Longwood University with a Bachelor of Science in Business Administration, Accounting and Finance concentration. He served as an intern for the firm and is based in our Tri-Cities office. As a Staff Accountant, he provides tax, audit and review services to the firm’s clients.
- Joshua Woodacre is a recent graduate from Longwood University with a Bachelor of Science in Business Administration, Accounting concentration. He served as an intern for the firm and is based in our Tri-Cities office. As a Staff Accountant, he provides tax, audit and review services to the firm’s clients.
- Our summer interns include Andrew Jones, Brendon Maturey and Joanna Taylor. Our intern program is designed to give students real world experience in public accounting working closely with partners and staff on client assignments, business development and networking.
Mitchell Wiggins is a full-service accounting firm with a 74-year heritage of serving businesses and individuals throughout the Commonwealth of Virginia. Our ten partners and forty-nine employees, including 32 CPAs, deliver client centered services and guidance to nonprofit organizations and closely held businesses in a variety of industries. Our mission is to listen to you, identify your needs, and provide sound accounting, tax and business solutions.