Now Hiring Audit Manager – RVA
Enjoy a flexible work culture while working in a broad range of industries for a leading regional firm. You will experience the complete audit function while planning engagements, coaching staff, visiting client locations and presenting reports to our valued clients. You will enhance your technical research and planning skills while working in a team setting. You will be encouraged to grow your professional career by becoming active in the community and professional organizations.
The position is available for a self-motivated, responsible and intelligent individual who desires career advancement. Most of our clients are mid-sized privately held companies or well-known not-for-profit organizations.
Our rapid professional development provides career track opportunities and a culture that rewards performance and personal growth. Our team players enjoy company events and outings, opportunities to be involved in the community and working relationships with all colleagues and have all required professional education and membership in certain professional organizations provided.
Mitchell Wiggins is a member of CPAmerica International, one of the world’s largest networks of independent CPA and consulting firms.
Position Type: Full-Time
Location: Richmond Office
- Plan, audit, review and compilation engagements
- Obtain understanding of business cycles in various industries
- Evaluate, document, and communicate internal control risks
- Draft and review financial statements
- Oversee multiple client engagements in a wide variety of industries
- Maintain active communication with clients to manage expectations, ensure satisfaction, and lead change efforts effectively
- Manage, develop, train, and mentor staff on projects and assess performance for engagement and year-end reviews, client management and practice development activities
- Maintain pleasant and courteous client relations
- Manage due dates and budgets of multiple engagement simultaneously
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
- Certified Public Accountant
- Six years (6) of recent public accounting audit experience
- Audit experience with Construction, Not-for-Profit or Employee Benefit Plans preferable.
Mitchell Wiggins offers an excellent compensation package to include employee paid health insurance, employer HSA contribution, voluntary dental, vision, long-term disability and accident insurance. 401K program with company matching, remote work policy, generous paid time off and work life balance.
Mitchell Wiggins is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.