Considering your next career move? Looking for an exceptional workplace environment with a career track potential? If you are seeking a collaborative environment where you can work with a strong client base, you should apply immediately. (Full position announcement)
Mitchell, Wiggins, an established accounting firm located in Central Virginia, is seeking a tax director. Enjoy a work-life balance culture while working in a collaborative environment on a broad range of industries and individual clients. The position is available for a motivated, responsible and intelligent individual who desires career advancement and ownership opportunities/partnership potential.
- Certified Public Accountant.
- 10+ years of recent public accounting experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting; Masters of Taxation is preferred.
- Proficient computer and technology skills, including Prosystem Fx Tax, CCH Autoflow, Bloomberg BNA and Thomson Reuters research products.
- Strong leadership and communication skills.
- Experience with individual, estate and trust, corporate and partnership tax matters.
- Lead and oversee all aspects of the firm’s tax operations.
- Manage and supervise the tax department staff, including workflow, due dates and research projects.
- Review complex federal and state tax returns for compliance.
- Tax planning matters for clients and firm staff members.
- Design, implement and supervise tax processes.
- Communicate tax developments to the firm.
- Provide tax planning and tax research support for clients and colleagues.
- Develop and maintain client relationships.
- Establish standards for the tax department.
- Train tax department personnel and assist with recruiting efforts.
- Active involvement with business development efforts.
- Support firm goals and objectives.
Compensation and Benefits
- Competitive salary.
- Competitive benefit package.
- Reimbursement of relocation expenses negotiable.
- Partnership potential.
- Limited travel.
Interested: Submit your resume and cover letter below.