March 16, 2020
Many of you have reached out to us regarding Mitchell Wiggins & Company’s Business Continuity Plan in light of COVID-19 concerns. Please know that we remain open and that we continue to focus on meeting your taxation and accounting needs.
Please continue to share your tax documents with us immediately upon receipt; even if you are missing a few remaining items, we are able to work ahead on your return(s).
For those clients practicing social distancing or do not feel comfortable coming to our office in person, the following options are available:
- Email remains the most effective option for electronic communication.
- You may share documents with us via FedEx, UPS, trackable USPS, fax [Richmond Office 804-282-6700 or Tri-Cites Office 804-732-6360] or via the Portal on our website: https://mwcpa.com/client-portal/.
- For the portal, an account must be setup for each client. This can be created by submitting your portal user agreement to the office (the green form provided with your tax engagement letters). If you would like to update your preference to receive an electronic copy of your tax return, please contact Dana Roberts at email@example.com.
- Electronic signature of documents is available using DocuSign. If you would like to update your e-file authorization preference to electronic signature, please contact Dana Roberts at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Consider using virtual meetings, conference calls, and video conferencing via GoToMeeting as an alternative to in-person meetings.
- For those clients concerned about receiving paper invoices, please call us at 804-282-6000 to request electronic billing. For your convenience, Mitchell Wiggins does take electronic payments via our website, https://mwcpa.com/payments/. Please be aware there is a processing fee from our service provider unless an e-check is used. If you have received audit or attest services, you may not use the QuickFee Monthly Installments option to pay existing invoices.
Our highest priority is the safety and well-being of our staff and clients. Please consider the options listed above to transmit your tax information to us. We are hopeful that everyone will remain healthy and well during this unprecedented situation.
E. Jeffreys Love CPA, MBA
To view other communications from the firm in relation to COVID-19, visit our blog.